Effective Orlando attorneys assist in all aspects of business law
When starting or running a business, it is important to protect it from potential legal pitfalls. Storey Law Group represents businesses in various transactional and litigation matters throughout Central Florida. Since 2013, our firm has been providing cost-efficient solutions for clients and protecting their interests and bottom lines.
Seasoned law firm handles contracts
Without a well-written contract, you expose yourself and your business to unnecessary legal and financial risks. Our firm can assist you with:
- Contract review and development — Florida law states that a contract is enforceable if three criteria are met: an offer is made, the offer is accepted and there is an exchange of something of value known as consideration. We negotiate, draft and review business contracts and put mechanisms in place to reduce the likelihood of future liability.
- Buy-sell agreements — In Florida, a buy-sell agreement or buyout outlines a business ownership succession plan and exit strategy in the event of a death, disability or other unforeseen circumstance. Our attorneys draft these agreements to smooth transfer of ownership and allow for minimal disruption.
Don’t sign on the dotted line until you consult with a skilled attorney.
Dependable legal team pursues the outcomes you need in disputes
Disputes are inevitable in business, and securing legal representation can be an efficient way to resolve them. Our firm develops negotiation and litigation strategies to resolve the following types of disputes:
- Breaches of contract — Whether you are accused of violating the terms of a contract or need to hold another party accountable for damages resulting from such a breach, we can represent you in negotiations or litigation.
- Shareholder disputes — Our firm steps in when shareholders’ dissatisfaction with management leads to accusations of violating fiduciary duties or other wrongdoing.
Our clients are confident in our ability to address these and other legal matters, especially because we know the area and the marketplace, which can give us leverage as we pursue their desired outcomes.
Practical legal advice for business formation
One of the first major decisions you’ll make when starting a business concerns its legal structure. Our firm can help you assess which of the following entity types makes the most sense for you:
- Limited liability partnerships (LLP)
- Limited liability company (LLC)
While some of these options might seem self-explanatory, there are pros and cons associated with each, not the least of which are how they affect your tax liability and the safety of your personal assets.
Contact a knowledgeable Florida business law attorney for an appointment
Storey Law Group in Winter Park, Florida is ready to represent your interests in any type of business law matter. Call us at 800-229-9045 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.